Thursday, September 20, 2012

Week 3 Picks

This past week I found myself with another mediocre 8-8 week for picks. Although with some of my wrong picks I'm happy, such as the Patriots getting upset by the Cardinals. We'll see if I do any better this coming week. Please comment with your own picks

Giants vs Panthers - There will be no shortage of offense in this game, Cam Newton is a fantasy owners dream, but he also has played two sub par defenses. I expect the defending champs to clamp down on D and hold off for a win. Giants win.

Rams vs Bears - The Bears will have ten days to think about their loss to the Packers, and to try and fix the offensive line woes. The Rams are a good team, but the Bears should handle this one. Bears win.

Bills vs Browns - The Browns almost upset the Bengals, but with a rookie QB I can't pick them just yet. The Bills have a good offense headlined by CJ Spiller, and he should have a  great day. Bills win.

Buccaneers vs Cowboys - The Bucs nearly had the Giants last week, the Cowboys got embarassed by the Seahawks. Its a matter of which Cowboys will show up. I think the Bucs can pull it out and go to 2-1. Bucs win.

Jets vs Dolphins - The Jets didn't look great against the Steelers last week, and the Fins played well against the Raiders. Reggie Bush had a huge game and I expect him to do so again this week. Dolphins win.

49ers vs Vikings - This one should be easy. The Niners have thoroughly beaten two of the better teams in the NFC, now they get the Vikings. Niners win.

Chiefs vs Saints - One of these teams will be 0-3. Both teams have terrible defenses. Both teams should have a winning record. This may be a bit of a biased pick, but the Saints should win this one out and play with some heart. Saints win.

Bengals vs Redskins - Andy Dalton is a great game managing QB. RG3 is a fantastic QB to watch. If this is a low scoring game, Bengals win, if its high scoring then the Skins win. This game should be high scoring. Redskins win.

Lions vs Titans - If the Titans had more weapons at WR they would make this a great game, however they are lacking. The Lions are looking to get another win to stay in the race for the NFC north. Lions win.

Jaguars vs Colts - Colts have owned the Jags for years. Both teams have young QB's and are rebuilding. But I'll take Andrew Luck at home over the Jags. Colts win.

Eagles vs Cardinals - Both teams are undefeated, both teams are playing surprisingly well. If Philly can control their turnovers they will be a legit contender. I think they start to correct those issues this week. Eagles win.

Falcons vs Chargers - Chargers look good, which is a shock. Falcons look great which isn't. Its always tough to go out west on a short week. I think the Chargers can pull out a close upset. Chargers win.

Texans vs Broncos - This is Houstons first big test of the year, and I think they show that all the hype around the Broncos is not for real. Texans win.

Steelers vs Oakland - Steelers are looking to regain their swagger, Oakland just wants to be competitve. Steelers win.

Patriots vs Ravens - If the real Ravens show up, they win. If the Ravens that always let us down show up, they lose. Its very simple, the hard thing to figure out is which team shows up. I think the good Ravens show up and they avenge last years AFC championship game loss. Ravens win.

Packers vs Seahawks - This game will be much tougher than most will think. Seattle is competitve and they have a great home crowd and a great defense. However, I think this will be the coming out party for Aaron Rodgers as he regains his offensive supremacy. Packers win.

Last week 8-8
Season 16-16

No comments:

Post a Comment